1. Public; to protect yourself
The mission of the FMA is to ensure the protection of the public, in particular by controlling access to health professions. The FMA ensures the quality of the professional activities of its members and promotes the maintenance and development of their skills. To ensure the protection of the public and the quality of care in the field of health and alternative medicine.
ADD as a link
– Submit a request for an investigation to the office of the syndic.
– There are two options available to patients / clients who feel wronged as a result of treatment.
1. Remedies in disciplinary law
2. Civil law remedies
Appeal in disciplinary law
– A request for an investigation can be filed with the Syndic of the Federation of Altwernative Medicine by anyone whoconsiders that an infringement has been committed, with the code of Ethics or any other rewgulations or directives adopter by the Board of Directors of the FMA. Once the investigation is complete and depending on the evidence available, the syndic may decide to file a disciplinary action against a professional before the Disciplinary Board of the FMA. In certain situations and according to certain very precise criteria, the syndic or assistant syndic may also propose conciliation.
For any inquiry or information request, you can contact the FMA from Monday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Civil law appeal
In the context of a therapist-patient relationship in alternative medicine, possible actions in civil law concern situations where a patient considers that he has suffered harm through the fault of a professional. Monetary compensation can only be ordered by civil courts and never by disciplinary courts.
2. Promote professional quality services.
The development of a natural approache, concerns us as we wish to participate in the evolution of alternative therapies. Our mission is to bring together, inform and represent professionals in alternative medicine, to promote their art and their techniques, while respecting differences.
The FMA counts among its members massage therapists, orthotherapists, naturopaths, naturotherapists, psychotherapists, osteopaths, faciatherapists, homeopaths and physiotherapists …
The FMA brings together therapists with a specific training profile and skills according to their specialization, which enables them to offer professional services in several approaches.
Being a member offers privileges such as being recognized by insurance companies and taking out professional liability insurance at a reasonable price. The FMA ensures that its members have the skills and professional training required to practice.
To become a member of the Federation of Alternative Medicine, the therapist must meet many criteria.
• Although our members come from different recognized schools, the FMA assesses the professionals who want to join.
• The FMA verifies the origin of the graduates.
• A code of ethics governs the profession and must be respected by the member.
• The number of hours required varies from one profession to another. You will find more details in the section Recognized disciplines
Criteria that make it possible to verify knowledge.
The FMA wants to protect the public.